Court Innovations is a software-as-a-service startup spun out of the University of Michigan Law School. Based in Ann Arbor, Mich., we are transforming how people interact with the justice system. With our software-as-a-service platform, Matterhorn™, people can go to court without actually physically going to court. In other words, that traffic ticket you got at that out-of-state football game? Now you can contest it without leaving your couch.
Our mission is to expand access to justice, and we’re expanding our offerings apace. Not everyone can afford to take a day off of work to fight a traffic ticket. Or maybe they are afraid to, or maybe they can’t get there. Everyone has the right to be heard, no matter who they are. Being heard by the justice ecosystem is everyone’s right. We’ve added to our platform’s offerings to include many other case types, court services, and disputes, and we’re looking for new team members to join us on the journey!
We’re optimistic, fun, tough group of problem-solvers and creative thinkers who love our work because it’s challenging, groundbreaking, and above all else – because what we’re doing really matters. We’re highly collaborative small, hard-working team group, and we’re all passionate about what we do. We know how to buckle down and how to let loose, and we believe it’s all of our jobs not only to make the business successful, but to make each other successful.
We’re growing fast and expanding our team, and we’re always looking for talented team members. If you’re interested in being a part of Court Innovations’ growing team, talk to us! firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is an early career-stage position, with plenty of opportunity for growth! You will be responsible for our social media presence, generating sales and marketing collateral, and supporting and coordinating a variety of marketing activities, initiatives, and product launches. You’ll have plenty of opportunity to take the lead on projects and initiate ideas!
- Familiarity with social media, ideally running it for an organization, including managing an editorial calendar.
- Excellent oral and written communicator; a savvy wordsmith with a knack and love for writing is a plus.
- Significant experience with the Adobe creative suite, particularly Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop.
- Superior graphic design skills strongly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and Google applications.
- Highly organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments – working with the team or independently.
- Creative, flexible, self-starter.
- Degree in Marketing, Communications, public relations, or other related discipline, or relevant experience.
Inside Sales and Customer Specialist
You’re a self-starter who thrives on working with customers to provide solutions that take the customer to the next level, anticipates customer challenges and barriers and gets in front of them. You take personal pride that you have 100% customer retention. You’re creative, solution-oriented and get software startups. You have impeccable communication skills. You are comfortable talking to judges, prosecutors and court administrators and police officers. You have great customer service skills with an interest in developing your sales acumen. You are comfortable speaking in front of groups of people.
- Interest and experience with customer service and providing solutions
- Comfortable on the phone and via email with prospects qualifying them for the sales pipeline
- You have drive and take ownership
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Experience with Saas support
- Experience using a CRM
- A natural curiosity for learning new concepts.
- Proactive problem identifier and problem solver
- Core work hours may need to be flexible at times
- You have experience teaching others how to use software
- Occasional travel to customer sites (less than 10%)
- College degree in communications, business or equivalent education preferred
- Minimum 2 years customer service and inside sales work experience (or relevant internships)
You’re a proven top performing sales person looking to be a part of an innovative, growing, SaaS Company with a mission to improve the lives of others. You’re creative, solution-oriented and get software startups. You understand that business success comes from team success as well as customer success. You’re strategic and want to make an impact – yes, even a disruptive impact. You have impeccable communication skills. You’re a people person who’s comfortable talking to judges, prosecutors and court administrators, and can work with them to move forward to close and implement high-impact solutions. You take pride in exceeding your goals and hate to lose. You want more than a job, you want a career where you are constantly learning and every day is a challenge.
- A comfort with identifying and qualifying prospects by telephone, email, on site visits, and networking at industry events
- Understands the complexities and sales cycle of licensing SaaS-based products
- Understands concepts of solution selling
- You have a natural curiosity to learn about processes
- Can grasp complex concepts of a disruptive technology and be able to explain them in a way that is well received by non-technical prospects.
- Close sales opportunities using your presentation and negotiation skills
- Maintain and grow a pipeline of qualified prospects sufficient to meet quarterly/annual quota requirements
- Self-starter that takes initiative and ownership of your book of business
- A good sense of humor and likes to work independently – but plays well with others!
- Travel expectation up to 25%
- College degree in business, law, software engineering or equivalent education preferred
- Minimum 2+ years of Saas sales experience