Matterhorn is a startup out of the University of Michigan Law School and based in Ann Arbor, Michigan. We are transforming how people interact with the justice system. With our software-as-a-service platform, people can go to court without actually physically going to court. In other words, that traffic ticket you got at that out-of-state football game? Now you can contest it without leaving your couch.
Keep an eye on us! We will continue to grow our team of:
- dedicated customer success professionals,
- passionate sales problem-solvers,
- clever marketers with heart,
- empathetic product visionaries and UX designers, and
- innovative software developers
Our current open position is for a sales representative.
Matterhorn is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic sales representative who is passionate about making our mission a reality. The sales representative will report directly to the head of sales and will be a critical player in a small, dynamic, and high-growth start-up headquartered in the heart of Ann Arbor.
- Source new court, municipality, agency, and mediation center sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound calls and emails
- Identify and analyze clients' needs and advise them on how to solve their problems with our software
- Develop rapport, trust and credibility
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
- Team with channel partners to build pipeline and close deals
- Leverage client referrals, associations and networking to build sales pipeline
- Present, promote and sell to senior level leadership in courts and court-related agencies
- Prepare sales offers, negotiate contracts and close agreements
- Actively collaborate with marketing and product teams in marketing efforts
- Work directly with upper management on growth strategy
- Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales (software, SaaS or government sales a plus)
- Strong active listening skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
- High level of integrity and strong work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and unstructured problems
- Extremely coachable
- Experience using a CRM actively to manage sales pipeline
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and Google Docs. Natural proficiency with web-based productivity and communication tools such as Slack.
- Willing to travel occasionally to conferences and industry events
- BS/BA degree or equivalent
You should join the Matterhorn team if you are looking for…
- a mission-focused company driven to improve access to justice and the effectiveness of our justice system
- a fast-paced environment with a team that is facing new challenges every day
- an opportunity to grow in your career quickly and make a big impact
- a great product to sell that continues to get better day-by-day
- a fun close-knit team that likes to win
About the Matterhorn Team
We're an optimistic, fun, and tough group of problem-solvers and creative thinkers. We love our work because it's challenging, groundbreaking, and above all else—because what we're doing really matters. We're highly collaborative and hard-working, and we're all passionate about what we do. We know how to buckle down and how to let loose. We believe it's all of our jobs not only to make the business successful, but to make each other successful.
Our office is in downtown Ann Arbor, with close access to parking lunch spots and shopping. This position represents an opportunity to join a second-stage startup with a big social justice heart, big goals, and a strong team and plan. If this sounds appealing to you, please be in touch via the form below.