Court Innovations is a startup spun out of the University of Michigan Law School. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, we are transforming how people interact with the justice system. With our software-as-a-service platform, Matterhorn, people can go to court without actually physically going to court. In other words, that traffic ticket you got at that out-of-state football game? Now you can contest it without leaving your couch.
Keep an eye on us! We will continue to grow our team of:
- dedicated customer success professionals,
- passionate sales problem-solvers,
- clever marketers with heart,
- empathetic product visionaries and UX designers, and
- innovative software developers
We currently have one open position: Sales Development Representative.
Sales Development Representative
We are looking to add a Sales Development Representative to our sales team. The Sales Development Representative (SDR) will generate interest in Matterhorn and assist prospects in understanding the value proposition of utilizing our product portfolio. The SDR will develop a growing pipeline of business-to-business opportunities by qualifying leads and establishing appointments for our account and sales executives. The right candidate will be a critical component of the Matterhorn sales engine and part of a tight-knit team in a growing company. There is plenty of opportunity for personal growth and career advancement.
You are an engaging and passionate professional with a natural ability to quickly foster rapport with prospective customers. You have great written and verbal communication skills and come across as friendly, professional and competent in email and on the phone. You are a natural listener who can empathize with others and understand their motivations and concerns.
You enjoy working on a small team with ambitious goals and enjoy a dynamic and constantly evolving work environment. You are a self-starter, enjoy a challenge, and love to win.
Sales Development Representative - Responsibilities
- Develop new business via telephone and email to introduce the Matterhorn solution and identify appropriate buyers within the target market.
- Proactively seek out new potential customer accounts and make first contact with prospects to generate interest
- Conduct a needs analysis and determine prospects’ pain points to determine how to speak to those needs
- Scheduling prospects for meetings with our sales team
- Manage data for new and prospective customers in a CRM, ensuring all communications are logged, information is accurate and documents are attached
- Working with Customer Success & Sales Executives to ensure qualified leads convert into paid clients by facilitating a smooth transition from initial call to scheduled appointment
- Meet revenue targets and achieve quarterly quotas
- Work closely with with the Marketing team to align all communications with the Matterhorn brand style
Sales Development Representative - Qualifications
- Passion for harnessing technology to serve our court system and the people
- Interest in using your skills for good
- Ability to listen actively
- Ability to follow procedure when it exists and invent new procedures in a changing environment
- Previous experience with inside sales or lead generation
- Experience with software/SaaS sales preferred
- Knowledge of CRM such as Salesforce.com
- Excellent communication, written, and interpersonal skills especially with phone and email
- Critical thinking related to estimating a prospect's interest level in Matterhorn
- Able to work in an entrepreneurial environment
- Desire to be part of a winning team and to exceed expectations
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Google Apps/Suite
- College degree preferred
About the Matterhorn Team
We're an optimistic, fun, and tough group of problem-solvers and creative thinkers. We love our work because it's challenging, groundbreaking, and above all else—because what we're doing really matters. We're highly collaborative and hard-working, and we're all passionate about what we do. We know how to buckle down and how to let loose. We believe it's all of our jobs not only to make the business successful, but to make each other successful.
Our office is in downtown Ann Arbor, with close access to parking lunch spots and shopping. This position represents an opportunity to join a second-stage startup with a big social justice heart, big goals, and a strong team and plan. If this sounds appealing to you, please be in touch via the form below.