Matterhorn was proud to talk about online dispute resolution and online case resolution in episode four of equivant’s podcast Scaling Justice.
Sue Humphreys, equivant’s Director of Industry Relations, spoke with Court Innovations’ CEO MJ Cartwright and Product lead Dunrie Greiling in episode 4 of the Scaling Justice podcast.
Find the full podcast on the equivant site: Redefining your “Day in Court”: Citizen-Centered Court Technology.
In this forty-minute podcast, Sue, MJ, and Dunrie discuss online dispute resolution and online court processes. Their wide-ranging conversation touches on
- research and metrics around online dispute resolution and online court processes
- launches of ODR platforms to support disputes before they end up in court, such as the launch of ODR in mediation centers in Michigan
- increasing acceptance of and trust in going online to handle certain types of cases
- funding innovation
- taking an iterative approach to technological change
- learning from other industries (e.g. healthcare)
- the value of providing access to the courts through other means and outside of usual business hours
ODR and Online Court Resources
- Joint Technology Committee whitepapers on ODR (scroll down on the JTC publications page)