Online Dispute Resolution for Small Claims Cases
Matterhorn Small Claims Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) is a way for people to
- resolve small claims disputes online or
- to resolve disputes and avert a court filing.
Video: Small Claims ODR at the Franklin County Municipal Court
Negotiate Privately, Conveniently, and with Support
The Matterhorn online platform allows parties, lawyers, and other stakeholders to work on their issue at their convenience.
On-demand 24/7 access via a laptop, tablet, or mobile device.
Participants respond on their own schedule.
Oversight by your agency or appointed neutrals helps the parties focus on a productive discussion.
Craft and Sign Agreements, Entirely Online
Parties and neutrals can follow a guided workflow to a settlement agreement.
Questionnaires and data integration support pre-population of agreements.
Draft agreements can be edited iteratively.
Parties review and sign their agreement online.
Benefits of Small Claims Online Dispute Resolution
Benefits to Your Court
- Reduce backlog by resolving more civil cases before their hearings
- Shorten case lifetimes to an average of 5 days
- Save staff time and reduce case touchpoints
- Increase party satisfaction
- Configured to your court’s unique approaches
Benefits to Participants
- Connect with your court in a safe and
- Mobile-friendly, on-demand 24/7 access
- Convenient when they cannot travel to the courthouse
- Digitally documented case history
What Have our Courts Achieved?
Learn more about what Franklin County, Ohio has achieved with online dispute resolution for small claims via:
What is Matterhorn?
Matterhorn is a web-based platform designed to allow courts to increase access, find efficiencies, and increase the public's engagement and satisfaction.