Driving while license suspended cases pose particular challenges for the public. Without a license, the individual may not be able to drive to get to work, school, or court.
Pioneering courts have begun to make the process of removing suspensions and addressing a DWLS ticket easier for the public with Matterhorn. Via the court’s Matterhorn site, people can start to address the issues leading to their suspended license 24/7 from any computer, tablet, or smartphone. The system guides them through steps to take care of suspensions, with the ultimate goal of getting their license back.
Once the court has received proof that the individual’s drivers license has been restored, the court may choose to amend the DWLS offense.
Benefits of Handling DWLS Cases Online
Easy for the Public
- 24/7 Access
- Convenient online platform
- Proactive notifications and reminders
- Guided process to clear suspensions
- Ability to plead to an amended charge (when appropriate)
Good for the Court
- Help people remove their suspensions
- Reduce hearings, traffic in the courthouse
- Stop rescheduling missed hearings
- Close these cases faster, online
There is nothing people want more than to be communicated with about the status of impending charges….Which is why this program is of such good use.Participant
What is Matterhorn?
Matterhorn is a cloud-based online adjudication and plea negotiation platform in use by over seventy courts in ten states. Learn more about what courts have achieved with Matterhorn.