Online plea converts the slow process of traditional plea entry by a mailed form into a quick digital process.
Matterhorn online plea preserves all the important elements of your current process and speeds it up.
Online pleas make a difference for citizens with eligible cases when they
- do not live or work nearby,
- are incarcerated,
- have a significant barrier to attend court.
Matterhorn is configurable to focus on steps required by the court. Citizens can interact with the court privately and securely to take responsibility for their situation.
Cases are resolved in days, not months. And it preserves your discretion: the court decides whether someone may enter their plea online and makes the decision on their plea.
Online Plea Configurable Steps
Step 1 - Citizens Search
From a link on your website, citizens can search online within Matterhorn to check eligibility.
Step 2 - Citizens Request
A citizen with an eligible case submits a plea request online.
Step 3 - Judicial Review
Depending on your process, a magistrate or judge reviews the request and can accept or reject the plea.
Step 4 - All Parties Agree
All parties can agree and digitally sign. Then, the hearing or sentencing can occur.
Digital Plea Entry is More Efficient than Plea-by-Mail
Benefits to your Court
- Digitized pleas—all parties sign one final document online
- Final signed forms can be printed or sent to your document storage or e-filing system
- Save staff time
- Configured to your court’s unique approaches
- Resolve cases in days instead of weeks or months
Benefits to Citizens & Community
- Connect with your court in a safe and trusted way
- Those with geographical or access barriers (such as incarceration) can plea and resolve their case
- Convenient and free-to-use
- Digitally documented case history
- Text message and email notifications of plea status
What is Matterhorn?
Matterhorn is a web-based platform designed to allow courts to handle large volumes of infractions, disputes, warrants, and other cases—all online.